I have a few months living in Germany but I have no bank account here and receive payments and deposit in banks in Spain and want to have that cash here in Spain I have account with BBVA and ING Direct OpenBank ... the other day try to remove 200 € cashier with the "Blue Card" from BBVA and within days I see that I was charged € 8 fee! Since then I do not want to use the card to withdraw cash.
To make payments on purchases (supermarkets, shops, etc.) with no debit card fee they charge me, I think because I'm within the European Union and also because no currency exchange is done, but when I need cash charge me € 8 per transaction is disgusting ...
The solution is to open a bank account here in Germany in which you get a card (almost all the give and is more for the convenience of withdrawing money at ATM when the bank is closed) and make transfers from your bank in Spain to this new account, transfers ARE FREE because they are in the European Union either Spain to German or vice versa.
* Note: I have not read of any bank charge you fees for international transfers to countries of the European Union but better ask your bank.
- Find a bank that has subsidiaries in various regions of Germany because some are just local, this is only if you continued to other regions or want sightseeing.
- Request all information in English if possible to avoid future problems. (Thanks @ mayapalmer )
- They get a Credit Card / Debit
- Make it a "EC-Karte" which means "Electronic Cash" (in Spanish Electronic Cash), if your card has that the accepted symbol in almost every local Germans. (Thanks @ mayapalmer )
* Note 2: When you open an account online then you will have to send in form by mail, I think for all banks is the same so I would recommend having the printer by hand
Then put a post of some banks and how to open an account